Beginning students will be encouraged to sign up for at least six lessons. This is the minimum to establish competence at a basic level, and instill confidence.
Group lessons (no more than four students per group):
• Lead-line – 30 minutes – $35.00
• Beginner – 40 minutes – $40.00
• Intermediate (Walk-Trot) – 45 minutes – $45.00
• Advanced (Beg. Canter & Jump Poles) – 45 minutes – $50.00
• Private Lesson – 30 to 45 minutes – $60.00
• Side Saddle – 30 minutes – $60.00
• Driving Lesson – 50 minutes – $60.00
Lease Fees – 12 month minimum:
• Partial lease – $400.00; includes one regular weekly lesson
• Full lease – $600; includes one regular weekly lesson
• Jumping, Competition Preparation (Dressage, Eventing) – 60 minutes – $75.00
• Trailer Fee – $100.00. Special rates for shows, hunts, trail rides etc. per rider/per horse.
• Use Fee – $40.00. Use of horse & tack for shows, hunts, trail rides etc. per rider/per horse. (Use fee does NOT apply if regular lesson falls on a show or other event day.) Not applicable if rider is riding their own or a leased horse.
• Preparation Fee – If student & parent are not available for show preparation before a horse show or other event – $20 bathing, $40 mane braid, $15 tail braid.
• Entry Fees – Fees vary with event. All fees, direct reimbursement, no surcharge. Paid in advance of the event.
• Registration Fee – $25.00 for new students. If a rider is out for more than 60 days and then returns registration fee will be re-applied. Waived if rider signs up for lessons after Summer Camp.
Summer Camp – $375 full week of camp 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. After care extra.
• Billing – We issue bills the last week of each month for the following month. Payment is expected by the first lesson of each month. If classes are not scheduled for the first week of the month we ask that you mail your check to reach us during that first week, or pay online. We accept cash or checks.
• Missed or Cancelled Lessons – If you call or e-mail the evening or early morning before the lesson, we will schedule a make-up lesson. If you call an hour or two before the start of your lesson we must consider you a “no-show” and charge for the lesson. We always make exceptions for emergencies.
It is your responsibility to schedule a make-up lesson within 60 days of the missed lesson unless otherwise arranged with management. Call or e-mail to arrange your make-up lesson.
If the barn has to cancel a class due to weather or bad footing, we will post a notice on the website, and send an e-mail to let you know by 1 p.m. on a lesson day. If the weather is bad, please check our website. We will arrange a SNOW make-up day.